Spring Graduation Student Speaker Competition
Share Your Thoughts, Dreams, and Insights
All prospective graduates are invited to apply to speak at Spring 2020 Commencement ceremonies.
If you're selected for this honor, you'll be able to inspire your fellow Patriots to make their marks on the world.
Competition Rules and Requirements
- You must be eligible to graduate in the Spring graduation ceremony.
- The speech must be original.
- You can speak up to seven minutes, but no longer.
- Submit the script for your speech with your name, college or school, and email address. Submissions go to the Office of University Events. The submission deadline is Friday, May 15, 2020, by midnight ET.
- A panel of members of the university administration, faculty, staff, and students will judge the submissions.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
We encourage you to:
- Discuss all facets of your campus-life experience
- Focus on your graduating class and your experiences together with an eye toward your future
- Engage the graduating class and their guests
Once preliminary selections are made, finalists will be invited to present their speeches to the committee.
We will provide coaching and opportunities to practice your speech in EagleBank Arena.
The committee will determine a new selection schedule and notify participants as soon as possible.